3rd Week – Carbon Monoxide

Here’s a story from a reader.   Also, another quiz question at the bottom.

co-detI was poisoned in 8th grade at Potwin school.  Levels were high enough that I earned my first overnight hospital stay (there were so many of us the hospital didn’t have enough rooms).  Then again at age 21 from my furnace at my first duplex was working at Wesley. My levels were triple what they were supposed to be. The Eldorado fire department checked it out and shut all gas to my duplex.  The landlord was furious I called them, but I was glad I did!!! ….am a firm believer of carbon monoxide detectors!

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that is slightly less dense than air. It is toxic to humans when encountered in concentrations above about ??? parts per million.

A. 2 ppm

B. 4 ppm

C. 6 ppm

D. 35 ppm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *