Early Evening Fire

photoEarly this evening a fire at 701 N. Washington caused extensive damage to single family home.

Occupant Richard Saltsman said he he had cooked some dinner with grease in a big pot.  Afterwards he thought he turned the burner off, but stated that possibly he turned it fully on.

Because he went into the kitchen and discovered the grease in the pot on fire.  He said that he put a lid on the pot, but almost immediately after that the fire flashed.

The flash ignited the bottom side of the kitchen cabinets.  Richard and his wife, along with their two dogs exited the home.

Firefighters arrived to find the entire kitchen on fire as well as adjoining rooms.  The firefighters made a fast attack and got a quick knock down.

Later, firefighters needed to cut a hole in the roof because the fire had extended into that area.

The occupants had someone they could stay with, but had no insurance.

The owners of the home are Scott and Carol Haigler.

A third pet that was in the home at the time of the fire has yet to be located.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *